[geeks] What desk toy or "tchotchke" says "geek" to you?

Chris Petrov chrisp at cse.unsw.edu.au
Sun Mar 26 20:21:47 CST 2006

On 27/03/2006, at 12:47 PM, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> Sun, 26 Mar 2006 @ 15:31 -0600, Brian Dunbar said:
>
>> "If anyone at the party had been carrying the guy could have been put
>> down before he killed so many.
>>
>> And was told
>>
>> "yeah, thast's the answer, brian! MORE GUNS!
>> Genius!"
>
> Sounds like the typical idiot to me.
>
>> I am not an ideologue, I just like solutions that work.
>
> Me too.
>
> The honorable citizen soldier has been the real defender of every
> free nation
> for over 2000 years.
>
> I don't understand the new ideology of pacifism and surrender.
>
> Why should we back down and concede our land to the criminal
> element and the
> outside invader?
>
> Exactly what do people think happens to nations whose people are
> either
> unwilling or unable to defend themselves?

I've no probs with guns... like using them, had many different types
etc. but,

Every two years more Americans die from firearm injuries than the
total number of American soldiers killed during the 8-year Vietnam
War. In 2003, the total number of people killed by guns in the United
States was 30,136.
- Based on data from CDC National Center for Health Statistics
WISQARS online data collection system, 2006.

that's a lot of criminals and outside invaders...

they consume more lead than necessary? i.e. the Romans love of
lead... lead lined vats for the sapa, lead lined aqueducts etc.

Benjamin Franklin, Printer,1786

     "The Opinion of the mischievous Effect from Lead is at least
above Sixty Years old, and you will observe with Concern how long a
useful Truth may be known and exist before it is generally receiv'd
and practic'd on."

Cheerio
cp