[geeks] What desk toy or "tchotchke" says "geek" to you?

Chris Petrov chrisp at cse.unsw.edu.au
Sun Mar 26 01:34:03 CST 2006

On 26/03/2006, at 6:17 PM, Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 26, 2006 at 12:45:21AM -0500, Charles Shannon Hendrix
> wrote:
>> I have noticed over the years that a lot of computer people,
>> particularly
>> those with a background in computer science, seem to have the same
>> set of
>> interests, or some closely related.
>
> At the Austin office of $WORK, they had to make a "no guns at work"
> rule
> because 3/4ths of the programming staff (which was pretty much the
> entire staff) had concealed-carry licenses. 8-)
>
> Bill
>
> --
> Bill Bradford
> Houston, Texas

ah such an egalitarian and free society... imagine being able to take
your weapon to work, sigh... all I have left is my decrepit and
wearisome mind! I used to work in a gun-shop when I was a [wee] lad
(eat crushed glass for breakfast etc. - thank you Monty) and we had a
smithy that used to do special things with weapons for special people
and even for not-so special people that had money and certain types
of backing.

Just out of curiosity what was the tightest grouping? i.e. could they
shoot?

Cheerio
cp
Sydney, Australia