[geeks] AOpen makes SPARC notebooks?

Michael-John Turner mj at turner.org.za
Sat Mar 25 07:04:37 CST 2006

On Fri, Mar 24, 2006 at 09:08:07PM -0600, Michael Parson wrote:
> It's getting bigger and more bloated, in some people's opinion.  Adding
> stuff like PAM, more sysv-ish rc scripts, and other stuff that bothers
> others a bit more than bothers me.  It is posible to build it w/o a lot
> of the stuff they don't like.

To be honest, I prefer the current (1.5 and later) style of NetBSD rc
scripts - IMHO, they're much more flexible than their predecessors. FWIW,
OpenBSD still has "traditional" BSD rc scripts, and more than likely won't
ever get PAM in the base system (it has bsd_auth(3) as an alternative).

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner | http://weblogs.turner.org.za/mj/
mj at turner.org.za    | Open Source in WC ZA - http://www.clug.org.za/