[geeks] Color laser printers?

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Mon Mar 20 14:47:39 CST 2006

I know I may well get flamed for asking this, but does anyone have a
small (cheap!) color laser printer that they can recommend?

   A guy in the business told me that Oki makes a nice one -- the 5200,
I think -- and he mentioned one or two others -- Canon, maybe -- but he
spoke out against the low end of HP's product line.

   Now, I can get behind that last part, as we've had some white
knouckles thanks to the el cheapo HPs that some departments here buy as
"Stealth Implementations" but I've no personal experience with the
others. Can anyone comment?

   Muchly, muchly appreciated.
-wde
P.S. Yes, I want it all: cheap for my wife-the-bookeeper, color for my
first-grade daughter (you've NO IDEA what kind of stuff they already ask
these kids to do!), no more damn ink carts that drain on every power
cycle, and monochrome laser printing for me.
P.P.S. If it were up to me, I'd get the kids an inkjet and me an old,
solid LaserJet III -- but suffice to say that it ain't.
--
Will Enestvedt
UNIX System Administrator