[geeks] And The Linux Weenies Wonder Why They Aren't Mainstream...`

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 00:05:41 CST 2006

On 3/5/06, Micah R Ledbetter <vlack-lists at vlack.com> wrote:

> I've read that minimizing then restoring FF - at least on Windows -
> clears its RAM and can be a workaround for memory leaks. I don't know
> if it works under Linux like that, though.

I don't find that it works on XP.  I end up exitting and restarting every
couple of days.  Using Session Saver or Tab Mix Plus (just switched
to this) so that all tabs open back up, it's pretty painless.

It sucks that I have to do so, but at least it's not the pain it used to be.

I've also noted that if you have a metric a$$load of booksmarks[0],
that is pretty disastrous to the whole shebang--especially when you
start trying to do stuff with them in FF.

=Nadine=

[0] been merging those puppies since '95-ish.  Can anyone suggest
a good duplicate killer and crawler that will automatically ditch dead
ones?  I suppose that either might be good perlfoo exercises for the
programmatically challenged like myself.