[geeks] And The Linux Weenies Wonder Why They Aren't Mainstream...`

Micah R Ledbetter vlack-lists at vlack.com
Sat Mar 4 01:17:20 CST 2006

On Mar 3, 2006, at 12:50, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> I have a 2.0GHz CPU and 1GB of RAM, and it is blindly stupid that
> surfing the
> web and running a couple of office applications can kill my machine.

I'm pretty far off topic here, but Firefox isn't *that* bad (for me).
The CPU on my work box is slower than that, and I used to have half
the RAM. I can surf the web (and I keep a seriously large amount of
tabs open while doing so), burn a DVD, chat on IRC, use Word, and
almost anything else.

In fact, the only thing I *can't* do reliably is use fucking explorer.

  - Micah