[geeks] Bluetooth Headset Help

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Thu Jun 29 18:38:25 CDT 2006

J. Alexander Jacocks wrote:
> I know that this may be a bit afar for Geeks-L, but I was hoping that the crowd here might have some suggestions for me on the subject of bluetooth headsets.
<snip>
> Any suggestions would be welcome!

I recently got a Plantronics Voyager 510 and am very happy with it.  I
chose it because it has SOME noise canceling, and because it's from a
company that has been making great headsets for years, not a company
that has been making cheap headsets with blue LED's for the last year
since they've become popular.  The noise canceling is helpful in a
breeze, and in my home office, but i still get wind noise outside on
windy days, and some background noise in the computer room that i work
in (three racks of Dell Servers and AC).  Also, i find it very
comfortable in my year, the speaker rests on my year, not wedged into my
ear like earbuds do, and it came with three different sized/shaped ear
pieces so i'm using the one that's most comfortable for me.

On a related note, i have GN Netcom 9120 noise cancelling headsets for
both my work and home land lines, and i highly recommend them for land
line cordless hands-free headsets.  Very comfortable, and the noise
canceling is quite good.

	-Dan Sikorski