[geeks] Bluetooth Headset Help

J. Alexander Jacocks jjacocks at mac.com
Wed Jun 28 14:35:26 CDT 2006

I know that this may be a bit afar for Geeks-L, but I was hoping that the crowd here might have some suggestions for me on the subject of bluetooth headsets.

Like many others here, I am on-call from work on a fairly regular basis.  This necessitates the carrying of a cell phone everywhere.  So, for safety while driving, I use a headset.  Also, I suffer from slight hearing impairment, from many years spent in data centers, so I need a loud headset, preferrably with an in-ear speaker.

I've had 2 different headsets so far: the Jabra FS-250, and the Motorola H700.  I liked the Jabra, but it was a bit quiet, and it
eventually broke the ear-hanger, in my pocket.  The Motorola is cute, but people talking to me complain that it packs up too much background noise, and it has very short range from my cell phone.

It'd be nice to have a headset that supports Bluetooth 2.0 (stereo), so that I could also listen to music on it.  This isn't an absolute requirement, though.

I've been trying to find any sort of comprehensive review and comparison site, with no luck.

Any suggestions would be welcome!

Thanks!

-- J. Alexander Jacocks