[geeks] Bluetooth Headset Help

James Fogg James at jdfogg.com
Thu Jun 29 10:37:22 CDT 2006

> I've had 2 different headsets so far: the Jabra FS-250, and
> the Motorola H700.  I liked the Jabra, but it was a bit
> quiet, and it eventually broke the ear-hanger, in my pocket.
> The Motorola is cute, but people talking to me complain that
> it packs up too much background noise, and it has very short
> range from my cell phone.

Not much help here, but I've noticed that the distance between the
"mouth" end and the "ear" end helps with background differentiation and
elimination. Longer distances means better "resolution" between intended
sound and ambient sound (more time differentiation I guess).

> It'd be nice to have a headset that supports Bluetooth 2.0
> (stereo), so that I could also listen to music on it.  This
> isn't an absolute requirement, though.

My Plantronics earpiece has a short battery life (10 hrs standby, 3
hours talk). If you are going to spend much time listening you might
want to research battery life.

What I want to do is build an interface box for my David Clark headset
(what pilots use http://www.davidclark.com/HeadsetPgs/h10-60.htm ). I'd
like to connect them to cell phones and standard phones for use in
datacenters and airplanes.

OK, maybe I'd look too much the geek on an airplane, but I'm sure anyone
in a datacenter would understand.