[geeks] Apple and AMD (edited for stupidity)

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon Jun 26 23:43:29 CDT 2006

On Mon, Jun 26, 2006 at 05:24:16PM -0400, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> Of course, I'm still hating to see Apple using x86 at all, but at least
> the competitive pressure might force AMD and Intel to keep trying to fix
> the worst of the warts.

I've been using a Core Duo-based 20" iMac since the day they were available
at the Apple Store (January 19th), and its a *great* machine.  The only
way I know that this isn't my old iMac G5 is that its at least twice
as fast, and if I go to "About this Mac" and see what it says for the CPU.

I was dissapointed at the first Intel transition announcements, but Apple
has really pulled this off (Esp. with Rosetta, etc) and I'm a happy camper.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
Houston, Texas