[geeks] value of PIII PC servers

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Sat Jun 24 13:50:24 CDT 2006

Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> I hear good things from some people about Gigabyte, but don't have any
> experience with them.

vorlon is built on a GigaByte board, and I like it.  Before that, the
fourth and last motherboard in minbar was also a GigaByte board.

> LeadTek... just stay away.  I've yet to find one that was worth a damn.
> Same for PNY video cards, though I've never tried their other parts.

Yeah, I had the same experience.  A PNY GeForce4 Ti4200 video card that
they replaced three times before they decided to end the lifetime
warranty on it.  On one of those replacements, they upgraded me
(complete with a congratulatory note) to a Ti4600 card that failed in
eight hours, then promptly downgraded me again on the next replacement
without a word.