[geeks] value of PIII PC servers

nate at portents.com nate at portents.com
Fri Jun 23 11:47:51 CDT 2006

> Windows sucks, but XP loads faster than 2000

You can actually make 2000 boot as quickly as XP.  I discovered this when
I did my own slipstreamed Win2k install CD, and it does indeed work:

"This isn't really a modified binary tip, and I have not seen a thorough
enough discussion of it to link to, but you can replace 2000's
NTDETECT.COM and NTLDR with XP's and your Windows 2000 installation will
boot a little faster. Copy those XP files (just as they are) in this FIX
folder. This will also allow you to dual-boot Windows 2000 and XP or 2003
Server. If you dual-boot, you have to do this."

>From http://www.vorck.com/2ksp5.html

- Nate