[geeks] Question for Mr. Bill...

Dan Duncan dand at pcisys.net
Thu Jun 22 13:11:50 CDT 2006

On Thu, 22 Jun 2006, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> I'm also experimenting with just barriers.

I've done this with a number of my machines.  I have a 1U itanium2
server under my desk at work and it's LOUD.  I've got two sheets of
paper on top of it, arching down over the front vents (not touching
them) so the sound is pushed towards the floor and that alone seems
to cut the noise in half.

Moving my workstation at home from on top of the desk to under my desk
also made a world of difference.  Sound just doesn't go around corners
very well.  If it doesn't have line of sight, it's quieter.

-DanD

# Just remember that streets lights synchronized for 40mph are also
# synchronized for 80mph.
#