[geeks] Quiet SCSI drives

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Jun 21 19:12:47 CDT 2006

It's time to start replacing several of my SCSI drives.

They are all noisy, so one of my goals is to replace them with drives
that are as quiet as possible.

I'm looking for recommendations of drives known to be at least fairly
quiet, if not silent.

They need to be SCSI, and at least two of them need to be SCA.

I realize that most drives I'll find now are 10K rpm or higher, but I
figure that at least some progress must have been made since the last
time I bougth a batch of SCSI drives (about five years ago, and they are
all noisy).

Last year I snagged 3 Fujitsu drives which are quiet, but they are 7200
rpm SCSI.

Odd question I guess, but I really do want to cut the noise around the
computers, so quietness is one of my parameters this time around.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- [4649 5920 4320 204e 4452 5420 5348 5920 4820
2056 2054 434d 2048 4d54 2045 204e 5259 4820 444e 0a53]