[geeks] Anyone know of good sources of 5V DIMMs?

Aaron Finley aaronfinley at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 12:09:04 CDT 2006

On 6/18/06, nate at portents.com <nate at portents.com> wrote:
> > How old? In order to run OS X 10.2 or later, you need to have a G3
> > processor.
>
> 7300/7600 class machines upgraded with G3 processors from 250Mhz to
> 500Mhz.  Video cards will be Radeon 7000 32MB PCI, and hard drives are
> going to be new 9GB low profile SCSI drives.

Just my two cents here, but:

OS 10.3 was dog slow on my 450mhz G4 Cube w/ 512mb of RAM. Alot of
sitting around waiting for the computer to do anything. OS 9 was
wonderfully zippy and responsive.

Putting 10.3 on upgraded PowerMacs with G3s is going to be so slow it
will be almost unusable for anything. Why not just run OS 9?

-- Aaron