[geeks] Anyone know of good sources of 5V DIMMs?

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon Jun 19 19:25:23 CDT 2006

On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 nate at portents.com wrote:

> Anyone know how that compares to the oh-so-glorious PS/2 keyboard and
> mouse ports, which have yet to be purged from current x86 machines?

As far as I know, the PS/2 keyboard protocol is identical (just on a
smaller form-factor connector) to the AT keyboard protocol introduced
with the IBM PC/AT announced in 1984.  However, if you want to go with
when the pinout was first used, the PS/2 Model 30 was introduced in
1987, so that'd make about 19-22 years.

--
Jonathan Patschke    )   "A man who never dreams goes slowly mad."
Elgin, TX           (      --Thomas Dolby, "Valley of the Mind's Eye"