[geeks] Anyone know of good sources of 5V DIMMs?

nate at portents.com nate at portents.com
Sun Jun 18 13:14:42 CDT 2006

>> I was wondering if anyone had any sources for (or
>> knows how to
>> reliably find on ebay) 128MB DIMMs that are 5v, either 16x64 60ns 4k
>> refresh (2k per bank) FPM or EDO.
>
> I have a bag-o-DIMMs here; how can I tell from the physical DIMM if it's
> 5V?

The 5V DIMMs were pre-PC66 - basically they were around when a 50Mhz bus
speed was standard, and 60Mhz was a high-speed system bus.

> The majority of the DIMMs in the bag are "PC100-222-622R", "128 MB, SYNCH,
> 100 Mhz, CL2, ECC".  I don't think I have anything in which they work; at
> least, they haven't worked in anything I've tried 'em in around here.

Those are a few generations after the RAM I'm talking about... I did find
one auction on ebay selling some 5V 128MB RAM for $13 a stick, which isn't
bad... still, nearly twice as much per MB as current DDR and DDR2 prices.

- Nate