[geeks] value of PIII PC servers

Micah R Ledbetter vlack-lists at vlack.com
Thu Jun 15 15:59:02 CDT 2006

On Jun 15, 2006, at 15:22, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> Yes, ebay is slow, and also uses very inefficient HTML which puts a
> high
> load on the browser.

I know :(. That is what I truly hate about ebay... loading three or
more pages concurrently kills the whole fucking system. Meh.
(OTOH, I get too much good stuff there, and the only viable
alternative is craigslist, which is great for some things and truly
sucky for others)

> Most of the tools are for sniping of course, but some of them are
> pretty
> good general auction tools.

Maybe they'll make a tool for just browsing ebay so you don't have to
use their web shitfulness. Ha.

The thing that I DO like about ebay, though, is that you can
subscribe to RSS feeds for searches. That beats their shitty
interface and computer-killing site any day.

  - Micah