[geeks] value of PIII PC servers

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Jun 13 15:59:34 CDT 2006

Tue, 13 Jun 2006 @ 09:54 -0400, Aaron Finley said:

> Two weeks I had a dual 733mhz 2400 w/ 512mb RAM & RAID. I bought it
> for $25, sold it for $100. So you can definitely do better than $300.

I don't think you'll find a deal like that very often.

I've yet to see a decent 2400 go for less than $200.

I saw a bare one go for $1 today, but it was $76 shipping, and I wasn't
too sure about the seller or the machine's condition.

There are too many people on ebay who bid things up.

Has anyone noticed how many PC games sell on ebay for *MORE* than the
retail price?

It's hard to find deals when the idiots bidding against you are
clueless.

Then again, I sold three games last year for more than I paid for them.
In fact, in one case I almost cancled the auction because a $20 game got
bid up to $45.  Insanity.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["It's a damn poor mind that can only think
of one way to spell a word." -- Andrew Jackson]