[geeks] RHCE advice

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Mon Jul 31 12:06:44 CDT 2006

>From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com>
>Date: 2006/07/31 Mon AM 10:40:12 CDT
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] RHCE advice

>Fri, 28 Jul 2006 @ 13:36 -0500, Lionel Peterson said:
<snip>

>> The issue is that we ask HR to do is to lower expectations on hiring
>> (to cast a wider net)

As a candidate, we want HR to lower their expectations, so that applicants with lesser "formal" qualifications are considered (i.e. no formal programming education, but a history of open source projects)

>> and to raise expectations for candidates (to
>> give them a chance).

To give an otherwise unqualified candidate a chances to succeed

>I've tried hard to parse and analyze that, but can't.
>
>What do you mean here?

Thanks for trying - I was a bit off my game when I wrote that...

Lionel