[geeks] Interesting ATI/AMD news

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Sun Jul 30 08:24:51 CDT 2006

On Sun, Jul 30, 2006 at 09:07:46AM -0400, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:

> You may be referring to the issue of "where do we place our antennas"
> which often does require paying a bunch of money to someone to be able
> to use their power poles or street light/traffic light poles.

Some places issue WiFi licenses like they issue cable TV licenses.

For example Pennsylvania.

Yes, you can set up a private network, but you would have to use private
buildings for antennas. If there is even the mention of a public free network,
then investors for private ones disapear overnight.

Geoff.

IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667  Fax ONLY: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838