[geeks] Interesting ATI/AMD news

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Sun Jul 30 08:07:46 CDT 2006

On Sun, 2006-07-30 at 02:52, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
>  Municipal WiFi networks require licenses in most places,
> there is the threat that the city will claim to start one and put
> you out of business (how well I know that), and someone else can
> do it to.

I am not sure what you mean, but the FCC has jurisdiction over Wifi and
there is not a way that any other local or state government can legally
interfere or set up any kind of licensing process.

You may be referring to the issue of "where do we place our antennas"
which often does require paying a bunch of money to someone to be able
to use their power poles or street light/traffic light poles.

--Patrick