[geeks] SS/20 VSIMM wanted, SUn bits for sale/trade

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Thu Jul 27 09:25:56 CDT 2006

Hello all,

I've got this SS/20 from Princeton University Surplus and while it works great, I just gave up a totally pimped-out SS/20 at TCF this year for a few $$ (IIRC, right Bob?)...

Anyway, seeing the VSIMM post earlier made me think I'd be interested in an 8 Meg VSIMM, as well as possibly some 64 Meg DIMMs (I have two in the system, and with a VSIMM I'd only have foom for 5 more).

On the other hand, if someone out there wants a very clean SS/20, drop me a note off-list (right now I'm only $5 into it, and I stuffed in as many 32 Meg DIMMs as it would hold (6) along with the original 2x 64 Meg DIMMs).

As a reminder, I've got an Xterminal 1 (what can I do with this? What software would make this a usable Xterminal on a current Solaris 10/Linux network?), and a maxed-out SS/5-170 available if anyone is interested. I also have some 2U Ultra boxes available (each has 3 10/100 ethernet ports on-board -older HAL computing servers) and maybe a couple Ultra 1s (one is a 200E, the other is a 170 non-E, IIRC).

If you are interested in any of these items, drop me a note off-list. I'm open to offers/trades and am willing to ship at your expense.

Thanks,

Lionel