[geeks] RHCE advice

Dan Duncan dand at pcisys.net
Mon Jul 24 15:16:06 CDT 2006

On Mon, 24 Jul 2006, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
> > Experience trumps paper--Every Single Time.  If a place doesn't believe
> > you know what you know unless you have a piece of paper saying so, you
> > probably won't be happy working there anyhow, as that mindset will
> > permeate everything else that goes on there.
>
> Unfortunately this attitude seems to be prevalent among headhunters, so
> you'll have to do your own job searching.  Monster.com just won't cut it.

I keep hearing from friends who hire people that certs can get you an
interview and experience can get you the job.  What I'm hoping is that
certs can also keep you around during a layoff because in my experience
the decisions on who to lay off are made by suits and not by people who
have any real measurement of the skills.  Either way, the cert should
help me out.  :)

-DanD

# A woman is an occasional pleasure but a cigar is always a smoke. Groucho Marx