[geeks] RHCE advice

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon Jul 24 13:55:57 CDT 2006

On Mon, Jul 24, 2006 at 10:21:28AM -0600, Dan Duncan wrote:
> wondering if there is a preferred study guide so I don't waste $749 by
> missing something important.  Any tips for books, sites, or on taking the
> test itself are appreciated.

Take the five-day refresher-course-plus-test.  I thougt I knew Linux (in
specific, RedHat) back and forth, but I had a TON of fun and learned a lot
of things in the refresher class (this was November '04, for RHEL3).  I've
heard that for RHEL4, they added a *lot* of SELinux stuff in.

I don't remember having to do dhcpd at *all*, but then, this was for RHEL3.

Bill (passed with 97% yay)

--
Bill Bradford
Houston, Texas