[geeks] Moneydance questions...

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Jul 17 10:18:00 CDT 2006

Fri, 14 Jul 2006 @ 17:06 -0500, Michael Parson said:

> I'm a recent Mac switcher and had to go through this pain for my
> personal accounts.  Make no mistake about it, all ways of moving off
> Quicken for Windows involves pain.  You can only export accounts
> individually, so when you re-import them into your new app (I went
> with Moneydance after lots of googling and reading), you wind up with
> duplicate entries for all transactions that were between accounts
> (paying off CCs, transfers from checking to savings, etc).

I have found that almost all financial software is like this.

Not just because it is complex, but a lot of it is really fragile
anyway.

I've thought a lot about trying to run such a program on my local web
server, to prevent the whole "platform switch" issue, but have yet to
find one I like.

Most WWW financial programs are for running companies, not individual
stuff.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- [There is a limit to how stupid people really
are -- just as there's a limit to the amount of hydrogen in the Universe.