[geeks] Solaris 10 install size

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Fri Jul 14 01:12:24 CDT 2006

On Fri, Jul 14, 2006 at 01:14:49AM -0400, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> > Ahhh......sunhelp.org?
> Nope, it really doesn't do much in this area.
> It might be nice if sunhelp.org hosted that kind of thing, but I'm not
> sure there are enough people willing to maintain something like that.

For Solaris software, there's the Blastwave and SunFreeware folks.
Once I get the new machine up and running, I may see about mirroring both
collections...

> Also, Bill isn't a publisher last time I checked, so there is still the
> book vacancy.

I'd planned on doing a "Sun Handbook" type thing, sort of a "Linux for
Dummies" type book geared toward Solaris and Sun hardware, but I just
don't have the time nowdays.

SunHELP stuff takes at least  an hour a day of my time already, and I get
very little in return except people sending me email and DEMANDING that I
do their Java homework for them, etc.  The occasional "Wow, you just saved
my day, thanks a ton" comment makes it all worth it though.

I've turned down multiple offers to sell the site or "sell out" and turn
it purely into a money-making venture (purchases from my Amazon Wish List
[0] are gratefully accepted, though..); I've been doing the site for going
on nine years now and I can't imagine *not* running it or having full
control.

Bill

[0] http://wishlist.mrbill.net

--