[geeks] Solaris 10 install size

Janet Campbell janet at foonly.com
Thu Jul 13 14:20:23 CDT 2006

On Thu, 13 Jul 2006, velociraptor wrote:

> Yep.  I would like to take it, but the dtrace class would be my first
> choice.  In fact, they were running a promo, dunno if it's still
> going--if you took a Sol 10 class you got a PSP.

I ended up taking it - my job sent me to it for free, and I have to say it
wasn't a bad introduction to the technology in Solaris 10.  The major
highlights were SMF, zones, and dtrace, though other things (like http
based jumpstart, fault management, etc) came up as well.  I would have
liked more in depth information on dtrace - that class would be my first
choice.

Also, the books from the class are pretty useful (especially when you're
still wrapping your mind around SMF).  I wish Sun would juts make them
generally available.

-Janet