[geeks] Solaris 10 install size

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Sun Jul 9 15:04:09 CDT 2006

On 7/8/06, Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com> wrote:
> Ah, and somewhat releated: any favorite books for Solaris 10?
>
> I saw the "Solaris 10 Complete" book, but didn't like it, and can't find
> anything else.

Que has a Solaris 10 certification book out, but I haven't taken a
look at it, so I am not sure how useful it would be as a general
reference.

I second the comment about the "official" documentation, it's quite
thorough.  My only complaint is that they didn't do a "Solaris 10 for
experienced Solaris sys admins" kind of thing that just gives you a
kind of high level overview of key areas.  Maybe something in a
"Before: X, Now: Y" kind of form, with links to the "deep weeds" for
dealing with the details of Y.  I don't want to have to skim 200 pages
on a new area just to figure out how to change one thing.

Also the x86 service "module" docs are not all that clear though they
are extensive.  On V20z and similar boxes there is a little PPC that
boots up some kind of stripped OS, and you use it to configure serial
console vs. out of band network port to console, faceplate lcd info,
etc.

=Nadine=