[geeks] Wireless Routers

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Sat Jul 8 11:05:11 CDT 2006

>From: Joshua Boyd <jdboyd at jdboyd.net>
>Date: Fri Jul 07 17:21:25 CDT 2006
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] Wireless Routers

>I got a Tripp Lite RS-1215
>http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000E9ZNGI
>
>I like it a lot.  The outlets are spaced widely enough that few wall
>warts will cause trouble on it.  I feel a bit safe with it than I do a
>power strip that breaks out into cords, or worse yet using short
>extension cords.

At work I got:

http://www.provantage.com/tripp-lite-ps3612~7TRPM003.htm

A Tripp-Lite 36 inch, 12 outlet power "bar", about $25 + S/H

We used it for a *literal* spider nest of power strips and wall warts my predecessor installed in the "phone closet". We ran about 6 wall warts and 3 or 4 power cords off it nicely. Even the Fire Marshal liked it ;^)

Lionel