[geeks] Wireless Routers

wa2egp at att.net wa2egp at att.net
Fri Jul 7 22:28:15 CDT 2006

From: Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net>
> On Fri, Jul 07, 2006 at 09:25:32AM -0400, William Enestvedt wrote:
> >    My wife heard it's not safe to be on the phone duing a lightning
> > storm because a nearby strike could hurt you. We have a CORDLESS phone,
> > yet she never fails to warn me the first time thunder rolls. :7)
>
> Kid gets hit by lightning while wearing iPod:
>
> http://www.denverpost.com/search/ci_4016385
>
> --
> Bill Bradford
> Houston, Texas

Just saw that on the local (NYC) news.  They were trying to make it look
like the iPod attracted the lightning.  The idiot probably was so busy
listening to his music that he didn't hear the coming storm.  Probably
only took a ground streamer.  A real strike would have fried his brain
like his iPod then he could become a reporter.

Bob