[geeks] Wireless Routers

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Fri Jul 7 17:21:25 CDT 2006

On Fri, Jul 07, 2006 at 02:43:03PM -0500, Michael Parson wrote:

> A few years ago, these little 1-2' extension cords started showing up in
> stores, specifically designed for fixing this problem.  I've been buying
> the Y-type ones, let's me use two wall-warts/outlet:
>
> http://www.9thtee.com/electronics.htm
> (scroll down to the "Power Strip Jumper Cables)
>
> Even more recently, I saw a power-multiplexer that had built in surge
> protection and a power switch, but all the outlets were short pig-tails,
> letting you use all the outlets, even full of warts:
>
> http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/gear/77e6/
>
> There are solutions to this problem other than waiting for the wall-wart
> to go the way of the dodo.

I got a Tripp Lite RS-1215
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000E9ZNGI

I like it a lot.  The outlets are spaced widely enough that few wall
warts will cause trouble on it.  I feel a bit safe with it than I do a
power strip that breaks out into cords, or worse yet using short
extension cords.

One of these days I plan to buy a second one.

--
Joshua D. Boyd
jdboyd at jdboyd.net
http://www.jdboyd.net/