[geeks] heat sink aka thermal grease

Will McDonald wmcdonald at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 10:33:52 CDT 2006

On 03/07/06, Geoffrey S. Mendelson <gsm at mendelson.com> wrote:
> I have been looking for "heat sink" aka thermal grease. The stuff you
> put on top of a CPU or under a transistor to help conduct heat to the
> heat sink.
>
> Here in Israel, it seems to be something that everyone knows about,
> lots of places carry, and no one has in stock. Nor do they have any idea
> of when they will, if ever.
>
> An friend of mine that repairs medical lasers and sells high end optical
> equipment suggested that I try zinc oxide instead. The stuff that drugstores
> sell to put on your nose.
>
> Any ideas?

It appears you can get Arctic Silver from Panda Computers in Israel.

http://www.pandas.co.il/

http://www.arcticsilver.com/dealers_and_distributors.htm

Arctic Silver's premium heatsink goo and will cost more than typical
thermal compound but Panda seem to carry lots of PC enthusiast stuff
so I'd guess they'll have standard gunk too.

Will.