[geeks] heat sink aka thermal grease

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Mon Jul 3 06:59:29 CDT 2006

I have been looking for "heat sink" aka thermal grease. The stuff you
put on top of a CPU or under a transistor to help conduct heat to the
heat sink.

Here in Israel, it seems to be something that everyone knows about,
lots of places carry, and no one has in stock. Nor do they have any idea
of when they will, if ever.

An friend of mine that repairs medical lasers and sells high end optical
equipment suggested that I try zinc oxide instead. The stuff that drugstores
sell to put on your nose.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Geoff.

IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667  IL Fax: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838