[geeks] Mission Control screenshots...

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sat Jan 28 22:21:32 CST 2006

I've been looking for details on the mission control system used for
Apollo space missions, and while there are lot of "hits" for it,
most of it is the same rather shallow information.

I would like to see details, screenshots of consoles from trench through
command, and that sort of thing. Even better would be the same details
for the systems and programming on the ships too.

I had quite a collection of stuff built up from since I was a kid. I
even used to nick computer printouts from trash cans when I visted
places like NASA, or when being dragged around by my parents to places
like insurance companies or banks.

I used to get people at NASA and local computer clubs to give me program
listings from Apollo, Voyager, and other missions.

Unfortunately, just about all of it got lost a few years ago in a
cleanup mistake. It was stored in a loft in a barn, and someone threw
it out by accident. It even had my own programs from college, including
programs I wrote for IBM mainframes, and DEC and Prime systems.

The only thing I have left is a FORTRAN routine from Voyager (gaussian
elimination, CSC, 1972).

The stuff above is only one of several things I keep a lookout for.

Unfortunately, you never find printouts in trash bins any more... :/

Geek confession: Growing up my friends had autographed pictures of KISS,
A.J. Foyt, and Mean Joe Green.

I had a 30 page NASA publication about the Apollo and Skylab mission
control, autographed by a member of Gene Krantz' control team.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["The grieving lords take ship.  With these
our very souls pass overseas." -- Exile]