[geeks] Vonage adaptor question.

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Thu Jan 26 05:51:51 CST 2006

On Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 09:34:13AM +0200, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
> Does anyone have any experience with Vonage Motorola unit and have any
> comments about it. I would NOT be using it as a router, just and ATA.

I would go for one of the Linksys PAP2 units instead of the Motorola.
They're actually made by Sipura, which Linksys has since bought.

The ATA-186 is probably one of the best VOIP POTS adapters out there,
though - we have a bunch of 186s in production at $WORK, and I have
two 188s sitting in the other room waiting on me to finally roll out
Asterisk here at home.

The only reason Vonage switched to the Moto units for a while was because
they were lots cheaper than the Cisco.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford