[geeks] Vonage adaptor question.

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Thu Jan 26 01:34:13 CST 2006

About two years ago signed up for Vonage service through their Israeli
distributor. At the time they sold me a Cisco 186 ATA (analog telephone
adaptor).

Cisco discontinued the unit a few months afer I got it. It has two voice
ports and a 10 Base-T ethernet port.

It has worked withoutproblems since them, but I am wondering if having a
newer unit would improve latency problems (for example, I can't send
faxes) or improve voice quality.

Since I paid for it, I can keep it to play with. It's "locked" to Vonage,
but it can be easily unlocked.

Vonage is now using a Motorola unit and I can get one for $99. If I don't
like it, I can return it for the cost of shipping both ways as long as
it is in "the original packaging".

I don't like to do that because when I'm done the original packaging, no
matter how carefull I am, is a pile of useless trash. I also don't like to
take advantage of people's kindness for my entertainment.

Does anyone have any experience with Vonage Motorola unit and have any
comments about it. I would NOT be using it as a router, just and ATA.

Thanks in advance,

Geoff.

IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667  IL Fax: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838
The trouble with being a futurist is that when people get around to believing
you, it's too late. We lost. Google 2,000,000:Hams 0.