[geeks] Splitting Up Image Files?

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sun Jan 22 06:32:44 CST 2006

On Sat, Jan 21, 2006 at 04:39:29PM -0800, Michael Dombrowski wrote:
> I'm looking for a way to split up image files into
> equally-sized portions. Specifically, I have panoramas
> (wide but short) and no large-format printer. I'd like
> to tell a program divide this image into however many
> 4x6 or 8x11 segments it takes then print on a photo
> printer or regular printer. Any ideas?

For making poster-sized (large) images out of a single image:

The Rasterbator

The Rasterbator is a web service which creates huge, rasterized images from any picture. The rasterized images can be printed and assembled into extremely cool looking posters up to 20 meters in size.

http://homokaasu.org/rasterbator/

--
Bill Bradford
Houston, Texas