[geeks] Blue and White G3's, was iPod broke my computer

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Wed Jan 18 17:31:55 CST 2006

On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 03:54:49PM -0500, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> What about freight? Are the rules any nicer when using the slow boat?

No. The customs people are the same.

> How about shipping via airliners? Expensive, but if it allows you get
> past some of the customs costs, it might be worthwhile.

There is air freight, but it ends up at the customs office. If we ever meet
in person, I'll tell you the story of a protoype cell phone/gaming device
that I worked on. It was sent DHL in a wooden crate from Korea........

> Actually, I don't know if the airlines will take packages any more. The
> last time I did it was 1995.

Sure. As long as you don't list your name as O. B. Laden and your address
as Afganistan. :-)

Geoff.
IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667  IL Fax: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838
The trouble with being a futurist is that when people get around to believing
you, it's too late. We lost. Google 2,000,000:Hams 0.