[geeks] [JuliaSacks930 at hotmail.com: [janglo] INFO4U: My Ipod Broke My Computer]

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Jan 18 14:47:16 CST 2006

Tue, 17 Jan 2006 @ 18:32 +0000, Mike Meredith said:

> On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 11:55:27 -0500, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> > French iPod's have to have to have a circuit that limits the output to
> > a maximum decibel level.
>
> Nope.

Are you contradicting my statement, or just one small error in the
statement?

A flat "nope" implies the former, but that's not really what you are
saying.

> French law enforces an EU directive that requires volume to be limited
> to a certain level. Apple implements the restriction EU-wide by means of
> *software*, and that limit can be removed.

So like I said, they limit the volume. The details don't really matter.

> > The froggies are so lucky to have a government which loves them so...
>
> The US also has limits on how loud things can be; the EU just has
> different ideas on what the safe limits are, or how and where the limits
> are imposed.

Cars in the US market have governors, but I've yet to see anything like
that on audio equipment.

Which US products have this?

> Don't let your prejudices cloud your thinking.

I don't.  You don't do it either.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Star Wars Moral Number 17: Teddy bears are
dangerous in herds."]