[geeks] Two interesting desktop choices - value of hardware

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Wed Jan 18 11:31:55 CST 2006

On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 12:12:11PM -0500, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> Agreed, what I thought was nice was that this model supports IDE and SCSI
> (as I understand it), and has a bit more "room to grow" compared to a Mini
> (multiple HDs, add-in cards, etc.).

It depends upon what you need. If you think you will need PCI slots then
you have to buy them. If you need more disks than you need to decide
if you would be happy with external firewire or USB 2 or must have internal
IDE or SCSI disks.

In the end I don't really see the need for either, as USB 2 or Firewire
is fast enough and in the U.S. external cases are cheap. :-)

Geoff.
IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667  IL Fax: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838
The trouble with being a futurist is that when people get around to believing
you, it's too late. We lost. Google 2,000,000:Hams 0.