[geeks] Blue and White G3's, was iPod broke my computer

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Tue Jan 17 17:07:12 CST 2006

On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 05:05:06PM -0500, Joshua Boyd wrote:
> I am amazed.  I hear stories like that (and sometimes worse) about
> Argentina, Hondoras, Romania, Turkey, and other places, but still I'm
> rather surprised that Israel is like that.

This is a very strange country. Sometimes it's like the U.S. and sometimes
it's the worst of third world countries, usually it's a combination
of the two.

> That said, it sounds like single items under $50 shouldn't cause you
> trouble, and to me that sounds like getting a UW-SCSI card for the Mac,
> and a pair of 50gig drives shipped seperately wouldn't be too much
> trouble.
>
> But, if the mac is not a priority, then who cares.  Because I'm sure it
> can still use network storage just fine, and really how hard are gige
> cards likely to be to get locally?

Probably not. But tat this time, I have absolutely no money to spend
on such things. At some time in the future, that should change, but
for now, I'm stuck with what I've got.

Moral of the story:

1. Don't get involved in starting a startup unless you have enough in
   the bank to keep you going for two or three years and don't invest
   it in the startup.

2. NEVER! NEVER! let it affect your health.

Geoff.
IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667  IL Fax: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838
The trouble with being a futurist is that when people get around to believing
you, it's too late. We lost. Google 2,000,000:Hams 0.