[geeks] Reliance Cardpaks

Aaron Finley aaronfinley at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 15:45:54 CST 2006

Anyone have any info or knowledge on Reliance Electronic Cardpaks ?

I emptied a huge Reliance motor controller cabinet for $20 today. Got
about 24 of these cardpaks. Power supplies, amplifiers, square wave
generators, you name it.

A quick search seems to return that some people want ALOT of money for
these little things:

http://cgi.ebay.com/RELIANCE-ELECTRIC-0-49009-12-NIB-04900912_W0QQitemZ757810
7934QQcategoryZ97184QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

So what were these huge Reliance motor controllers used for? The one I
emptied was about 12 ft H x 12 ft W x 4 ft D. Anybody have any info? I
wonder what the resale is on these.. maybe I should try to sell them
to that guy whos trying to get $6000 for one.

-- Aaron Finley