[geeks] "Lord SJobs... ARISE" ... Apple has moved to the Dark Side

Phil Brutsche phil at tux.obix.com
Thu Jan 12 19:14:15 CST 2006

Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> From what I see, they don't even use it much themselves.
>
> Maybe if they used it more often, it would get more attention.
>
> In short: I don't see them as trying very hard.

You see, they need the motherboard manufacturers to support EFI... oh,
but will they do it without Windows support?  And why should Windows on
x86 or x86-64 support EFI if no motherboards do?  Chicken and the egg.

> I thought Intel used EFI on some of their P4 server machines?  It seems
> like it was someone on this list that mentioned it, unless we were just
> talking about it.

I believe the only Intel-brand servers that used EFI were Itanium systems.

Why?

Because the IA64 editions of Windows are the only ones that support EFI.

Which means you won't see Windows on a Mac anytime soon.

--

Phil Brutsche
phil at tux.obix.com