[geeks] "Lord SJobs... ARISE" ... Apple has moved to the Dark Side

Patrick Giagnocavo 717-201-3366 patrick at zill.net
Tue Jan 10 18:09:00 CST 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 17:56, velociraptor wrote:
> On 1/10/06, William Enestvedt <William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu> wrote:
>
> >    Yeah, I saw it (or rather, I kept hitting Command-R on two blogs at
> > once to read it). I like the magnetized power plug a lot.
>
> Yes, I like that plug a lot as well--power board connections on Power-
> books have been their bane for a long time.

Yes I remember the "BNC" style connector on a Lombard...

> That dual core business in a laptop is pretty spiffy too, so long as the
> temps stay down.

I think that what people will love about it, even if the dual-core is not as fast as it is touted to be, is the idea of being able to do one heavy-CPU task and still be able to read email, surf the web, etc.

> But I am a definitely a follower of YAAR (yet another apple rule)--wait
> until rev 2.  We'll see how things are going after the summer
> announcements.

I am tempted by the 17" iMac more than that $2K laptop, which seems to be about $400 premium over a similar non-Apple x86 laptop.

--Patrick