[geeks] any Camera geeks?

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Tue Jan 10 04:26:12 CST 2006

On Mon, 09 Jan 2006 20:02:47 -0500
Patrick Giagnocavo 717-201-3366 <patrick at zill.net> wrote:

> Just curious if there are any camera geeks on the list.
Yes. I did some photography in school. Back then the equipment was to
expensive for a teenager so I wasn't able to continue when I couldn't
use the equipment of the school any longer. About a year ago a friend
infected me with the Kiev virus. I noticed how cheap used analog photo
equipment can be and things happend that had to happen...

Now I have a B/W darkroom, a Kiev 88 medium format SLR camera (USSR
Hasselblad clone), a Cambo SC 4" x 5" view camera and a 80 year old
Zeiss Ikon 9 cm x 12 cm folding camera. I do everything analog and I use
fibre based paper exclusively. I enjoy doing my photographing with my
own hands and brain, without any computers. (OK, OK. I use a Sun U10 as
timer in the darkroom for film developing and enlarger exposure. But
that's it, no digital image processing.)

Get your Linhof Tecknika to work. It will give you a lot of fun! :-)

You may have a look at:
http://www.largeformatphotography.info/
http://www.hevanet.com/cperez/test/fourcameras.html
http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech.htm
Especially http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/tachihara.htm if you are
interrested in large format hybrid work.
--

tsch|_,
       Jochen