[geeks] any Camera geeks?

James Fogg James at jdfogg.com
Mon Jan 9 19:28:14 CST 2006

> Just curious if there are any camera geeks on the list.
>
> I was interested in photography a number of years ago, and
> have now decided to get back into it.
>
> I will be doing hybrid film/digital: Rolleiflex or similar
> 6x6cm TLR with film, then scanning the film for output via
> the various digital printing services (local like the local
> pro lab and Costco plus any nice online services).

Kinda a geek. Had a darkroom years ago, did own lots of medium format
stuff, have build crude cameras for study. Built a pinhole camera using
a horse barn for the "box" and some very large film.

I still have a bunch of Konica SLR's and lenses (nice Nikon competitor),
but haven't done much in years. I collect a few old cameras and have a
few Graflex Speeds/Crowns in various conditions. I'm always on the
lookout for flash bulbs and I'd like to kill every retard space-dork
that rapes a Graflex flash gun to make a "light saber".

I'm getting excited about how useful digital photography has become for
semi-pro work. Digital SLR cameras like the Canon Digital Rebel and the
Nikon models in the $1K range have me wanting to do something again. I'm
seeing fantastic output on inexpensive inkjet printers. Now that I'm
working again I might save enough money to get a D-SLR.