[geeks] any Camera geeks?

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Tue Jan 10 01:40:04 CST 2006

On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 00:57:27 -0500, Patrick Giagnocavo 717-201-3366
wrote:
> The problem as I see it, is that except for the $3000 and $8000 Canon
> full-frame-sized sensor bodies, everything else has to deal with a
> large depth of field because the small sensor size means smaller focal
> lengths.

Eh? Sure smaller sensors means a larger depth of field, but assuming
that you aren't dealing with the tiny sensors in P&S cameras you do get
a reasonably small DoF when you want. Certainly there's a picture of me
with my eyes in focus and the end of my nose out of focus taken with a
350D.

Nice thing about Canon is you can get adaptors to use just about
anyone's lenses.