[geeks] any Camera geeks?

Patrick Giagnocavo 717-201-3366 patrick at zill.net
Mon Jan 9 19:23:16 CST 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-09 at 20:15, Sheldon T. Hall wrote:

> Some of the new digital stuff makes it very appealing.

Costco has 8x10's for $1.49 if you provide digital source for them.  And, there is some way to load up a color profile for their Noritsu's to provide decent color matching.

> > I will be doing hybrid film/digital: Rolleiflex or similar
> > 6x6cm TLR with film, then scanning the film for output via
> > the various digital printing services (local like the local
> > pro lab and Costco plus any nice online services).
>
> I liked my old Rolleis a lot.  I had a 2.8F, a 3.5 mumble, and a Telerollei.
> The ones-before-the-F-series (the 3.5 mumble) were pretty rice-proof, which
> is important if you shoot weddings.

One guy tested his Rollei and got almost 100 line pairs/mm at f8.  Even the older Rollei's are getting multiple bids on yaBe .

> I had all sorts of other gear (Nikon, Linhof, Brooks), too, so, come to
> think of it, maybe I _was_ a "camera geek."

I still have a Linhof Tecknika III with a few lenses that I have never gotten around to using, since I have no experience with 4x5 .  Now, the Linhof, is seriously geeky.

--Patrick