[geeks] And The Linux Weenies Wonder Why They Aren't Mainstream...

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Feb 28 17:52:49 CST 2006

Mon, 27 Feb 2006 @ 16:19 -0600, Jonathan C. Patschke said:

> [0] Which, you know, I rather agree with.  I have a relatively simple
>      Word document that refuses to lay-out correctly in OpenOffice 2.0
>      thanks to it not shipping with fonts whose metrics are identical to
>      the standard Windows/Office fonts.  Rather than spending the time to
>      reformat the document myself, I just use Office on a nearby
>      Macintosh.

This is Microsoft's fault, not Linux or OpenOffice's fault, or whoever
you are really ranting at.

Besides, you can always install the Microsoft fonts and use them, if
that's all that is bothering you.

I understand your pain, but at least pick the right target for your
rant.

Microsoft created this kind of mess, and they benefit by its continued
existance.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Star Wars Moral Number 17: Teddy bears are
dangerous in herds."]